Bathroom Remodeling Design and Grout Restoration
There’s nothing quite like designing a bathroom remodeling job to make your whole house feel fresh, clean and alive. In this article I’ll explore some of the finer elements of designing and implementing a bathroom remodeling project on time and on budget.
The Essentials of Bathroom Design and Renovation
There are such a myriad of choices for tub and shower fixtures, you are virtually guaranteed to find the perfect fit. It may take you a while and you may have a tough time narrowing your selections down, but there are beautiful, hi-design, fixtures in every price range.
If you are a real go-getter and planning on remodeling multiple baths, I highly recommend you do them one at a time so that you always have at least one, fully functioning bath in the house. Once the first one is done, the second will fall right into place because you’ve already done your research on design, layout colors and the like. And design oriented remodelers can help you make your first project simple, beautiful and quick! For less than $10,000 a high end remodeling contractor can renovate a bathroom in your house that needs it the most. In about 2 weeks, (yes, in as little as two weeks!) you’ll have a freshly designed, smartly functioning bathroom. If you plan to keep your existing tile you should definitely have your grout professionally cleaned by a reputable grout cleaner. Here is an example of the type of grout cleaning expert you should be hiring Orland Park Grout Cleaning. By using a Naperville professional tile and grout restorer you will avoid a huge time suck as most remodelers are just not equipped to handle this specialized area of service.
Here is some wisdom gathered through the years…
1. Trust me on this. The first thing that should go is that old ugly toilet! Today’s latest toilet technologies save water, calls to your plumber and just down right look cool.
2. The tub and shower are two areas to pump up the design coefficient. From standard inserts to stone and tile inlays, glass surrounds and doors, the list of potential design levers to pull is down right staggering!
3. The vanity remains the central focus of every bathroom and as such, deserves the most attention when it comes to creating and aesthetically pleasing, yet functional design.
4. Countertops anyone? Solid surface, quartz, granite, exotic woods or combinations of any and all can be pulled together to create stunning, eye-grabbing designs.
5. Let’s not forget the fixtures. New faucets come with features and design styles that were not even imaginable 10 years ago. Chrome, brass, copper, automatic valves, lighting and more can all come to play in today’s baths. Visit your design savvy bathroom remodeling contractor’s showroom for ideas and latest trends.
6. Lighting and Mirrors – custom mirrors, LED lighting, special use lighting and more all can set the tone and warmth of your new bath.
7. Replacing the floor is a given. Tile? Natural fiber? Stone? Sub-floor radiant heating ? Of Course! In today’s age who wants to step out of the shower or bath and be greeted by a cold floor!
8. Finally… don’t be afraid to dream and push your design aesthetic to the limit! A bathroom is the perfect place to have some fun and experiment with color, patterns and textures.
The insights in this article were graciously provided by the award winning designers at Synergy Builders in Chicago Illinois.